Sunday, December 9, 2012

Day 9: The Joy of Baking

Growing up my parents worked a ton and so I wasn't trained up in the ways of cooking. Then I had a fear of raw meat and germs. So, I just didn't enjoy cooking. It was too ambiguous: a little bit of this and that too taste? No clue what I was tasting for. But I did figure out that I loved baking! It's a science. It's pretty exact. I mostly love to bake cookies. It's not an all day process and easy to share and has a comfort attached to it. I also love the creativity attached to cookies. There's a base and then the yummy stuff you add to it to change it up. I tried to bake cranberry bliss bars tonight. I LOVE the Starbucks one and its only a limited time item. I think it needs another go at the recipe. They were a little too gooey. But still yummy! (Still trying to figure out my oven). Anyways.... The holidays are full of baking and sharing. I think I want to tackle cinnamon rolls for our neighbors. I love that kaden and I have a lot of baking parties. He's a great helper! Especially when it comes to licking the cookie dough off the mixer paddle. We will prob make Christmas sugar cookies this week. Whats your favorite treat? Hope you are able to enjoy some yummy baked goods this season.



No comments: