Monday, December 24, 2012

Day 24: Anticipation

I remember the Christmas I was pregnant with kaden... The anticipation of the birth of Jesus coming into the world seemed a little bit more real as I was anticipating the birth of my first born. The mixed feelings of excitement and wonder and of fear and shame.

I love watching the kids as they anticipate Christmas morning. What is under all the pretty paper? Inside those bags? The restlessness of trying to sleep so they can wake up in the morning. It's not about the presents but I do want my kids to know how to give and receive good gifts. And remember that Jesus is the best gift of all.

I love Christmas on many levels. I love that I get to teach my kids the reason why Jesus entered the world. And not just came into this darkness but as a kid like them. Jesus is not just for adults. He had to experience it all from birth to death.

May you find rest and comfort tonight. May you anticipate the return of Jesus to renew the world and make it right again. May you find a hope in a God that loves you more than our brains can comprehend. May you and your friends and family have a Merry Christmas.





No comments: