Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Day 4: Superman and Wonder Woman

When Joel and I were dating he always had a ton of Superman stuff: t-shirts, lunch box, hanging figurines from his rear view mirror. I had an obsession with Wonder Woman. She had an invisible jet, super cool arm bands and awesome long black hair.

We spoke at a camp a few years ago and their thank you gift was a framed picture of Superman and Wonder Woman. But with our faces inserted in so it was us. Hahah!! It was awesome. Everyone signed the picture and it hung on our wall for the last few years. When we packed up to move it brought back so many memories of not only that particular camp, but all the friendships made along the way. Camps have a special place in my heart. That's where I met some of my very closest friends, that's where I met Joel. I miss attending camps, running camps and experiencing how God moves so evidently at these places. It's a very focused time away and intentional.

As Joel and I are going on 7 1/2 years being married and 12 years together as a couple we realized that we too need some focused time together and to be very intentional in our relationship, centered on Jesus. Joel's sister and brother-in-law model such great values to us and they made it a point to find another couple with kids and once a month they watch their friends' kids and their friends go on a date and then they switch the follow week. So, Joel and I thought that would be a great plan. We asked John and CJ if they were up for the date night challenge and I think it's been a great plan. Our kids play very well together so when we are babysitting its actually a break for the parents that are watching the kids too cause they entertain each other. We are only on our second month but don't see why we would stop such a win-win-win situation. :)

I am very thankful for Joel. We are not the types to be PDA with words or actions. But I guess once in a blue moon blogging about how cool my husband is wouldn't kill me. Lol! I am proud of the man of God he is. Especially since he stopped running away from his calling. Missio has been sooo good for us and seeing him learn, grow and be stretched as a leader and pastor. He's a great father to Kaden and Addysen. They light up when he enters the room. They love playing with him and doing the every day stuff with him. He's an awesome husband. He knows when I need a good cup of coffee or a family outing. He's a great friend to me and to many out there. He's full of wisdom and care that I admire. He's my Superman! :) Okay... Get the point? He's pretty rad and I am thankful for him. Here's to many many many more years of this crazy journey together.



No comments: