Thursday, December 20, 2012

Day 19: Community & Cookies

Tonight we had our Missional Community Group over to "connect and bless". We connected over pizza, breadsticks and salad and decorated cookies (I think I ate one too many cookies). And we blessed our neighbors, coworkers, friends and family with plates/boxes/bags of cookies. Each of us contributed some yummy desserts and we created these awesome assortment of treats to give away! We also had a surprise visit from jolly ole saint nicholas! He came bearing gifts for all the kiddos. They weren't so sure about him at first, but quickly discovered that he had presents for them. Addysen didn't really flinch when we put her on his lap. Maybe I will attempt taking her and Kaden to the mall for some photos. Most of the adults were even quite surprised that he came to our group tonight! What a fun night had by all. It's been a lot of fun getting to know everyone in the group... new faces are popping in and kids are growing fast. Sorry for the later post than usual... I was trying to get all the sprinkles that are decorating every corner of the house! :) I think I will try to sleep now even though I have a pretty good sugar high. :)

No comments: