Saturday, December 8, 2012

Day 8: Coffee Addiction

Hi my name is Lisa. And I'm addicted to a good cup of coffee. Actually I can't drink black coffee I'm a sweet foo-foo kind of coffee drinker. My drink of choice usually is a tall, whole milk, extra foamy, caramel macchiato in a grande cup (so I can get lots of foam). Or minus the caramel macchiato and make it a peppermint latte.

In college I would have two or three venti drinks a day. (I was in school full time and working two or three jobs). I have cut back drastically, but there is something comforting about holding a hot drink in my hand with boots and a scarf on. Winter warmth in a cup! I'm a Starbucks girl... I love the consistency, the conveniences factor... But I do love local coffee shops and have a beautifully hand crafted awesomeness in a mug. Since moving to SW Portland we have found some local coffee shops to work at and have meetings at. But our pocketbook is shrinking, we have been spending a lot of money on coffee.

So, the other day we got home from going to look at Christmas lights. There was a big box at our front door. We thought it was for Zach cause he told us he ordered some stuff from Starbucks. We opened the box and saw the new Starbucks Verismo machine. We were wondering why Zach bought the machine... And then thought maybe someone bought us a gift and then saw the letter at the bottom and realized that Joel won the machine. We were on Pinterest and pinned a pic of the machine as one of Starbuck's promos and didn't think twice about it. We aren't the lucky type when it comes to winning raffles, contests and free stuff.

So, this last week the box has been sitting in our kitchen. We were really excited that we won it, but didn't know if it would really save us money. We thought about putting it on craigslist or giving it away. We own a kerig pod coffee machine and ended up not buying any more pods. (Anyone looking to buy one?) We found that Bed, Bath and Beyond sells the pods and we can use their coupons. We would only buy the espresso pods cause we have an awesome milk steamer thing we got last year for Christmas from Pete's Coffee. It turns out to be about 80 cents a cup so I'm saving about $2.75!

Anyways, we are keeping the machine and I made my first caramel macchiato this morning and it was heavenly! It was fast, easy and tasty! Here's to homemade lattes!!





No comments: