Monday, December 10, 2012

Day 10: Good Starter...Bad Finisher

I'm a pretty good starter. I actually am a good finisher too. But since I've had kids (especially two kids) I find myself not being that great of a finisher. Not by choice. It almost kills me not to check things off a list. My typical day starts with feeding my kids and starting breakfast for myself. I am called away or someone needs something else and I forget about what I was doing and it ends up either with burnt toast or soggy cereal. Lots of cold tea or coffee to go with it. I start the laundry and it sits in the washer for a few days and have to rewash it. I start a craft project and have totes of unfinished stuff. I have thank you cards from many parties and events with notes written but no address and it just sits there. (We actually have our wedding thank you cards in a huge box that is mostly done but eight years of marriage later. Sorry people... We are very thankful for you and your gifts and love on us as a couple and as a family.... Hahah!!!) we actually ordered our Christmas cards I think the week of thanksgiving. It took me a week to pick them up even though they were done after a day. And now they are half done. :( it's the 10th!!! I wanted to get them out two weeks ago! I know what all you time managers out there are thinking... "Eat that Frog", write out weekly goals, blah blah blah. I feel like I do that... But can only manage to accomplish my work to do list. I think "frogs" can't be eaten if there's a crying baby or a soccer-starved child that needs to run off some energy. Anyways... On this blog I'm gonna to throw it out there that I WILL have my cards done by Monday! Someone text me Sunday night. Or better yet... Come watch my kids or help me address some. It's more fun with other people. Here's to finishing ONE thing this year. :) haha!!!

No comments: