Sunday, December 2, 2012

Day 2: Timber Kaden

Day two of blogging for 31 days...

Our housemates, Zach and Amanda (we call her Mei Mei) moved to China but they left a legacy behind: Kaden's crazy love for soccer!!! He lives and breaths soccer. He wants us to play everyday with him. He chants the Portland Timber Army cheers as he's roaming around the house. He has his cars "play" soccer. Seriously, this child is obsessed.

He will run into the house after school and put on his soccer gear. (Good thing we bought him a few jerseys and uniforms when we were in Vietnam and Zach & Mei Mei bought a few more when they came home this summer.) but I do have to do laundry every few days to make sure his soccer clothes are clean.... Cause that boy can sweat! I've got to admit he's got pretty good control over the ball.

Before he starts playing he sets the game up. Here's his speech: "I'm Portland Timbers. I'm wearing green and gold. And red and white. I'm Diké and Zizzo. And we are playing at Jeld-Wen. Who are you?" Then it's our turn to choose our team, our colors and players. It's serious business. Tonight as Kaden and Joel were playing here's their funny conversation:
K: what team are you?
J: batman and robin.
K: what color are you?
J: I don't know.
K: I think you're pink and blue.
J: huh?
K: cause that's what color Baskin and Robins is!

Funny kid. So, here's some pics of the little soccer star. And there's a million drawings on my phone of the letter "t" and attempts to write "timbers" but he runs out of room. (he steals my phone and there's all sorts of self portraits and videos).

I wish I still have this sort of passion and joy everyday! My kids are constantly teaching and reminding me to love to live. Hope you find joy in the things that you love!





No comments: