Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Day 18: Let it SNOW!

Let it SNOW! Let it SNOW! Let is SNOW!!!

Now it feels like Christmas with the snow that fell today. Our new place is just high enough that the block below us was slush and we were SNOW!!!! It snowed all around but it stuck in our streets too! Kaden woke up this morning and made his way to the couch and I peaked out of the bathroom and said "hey kaden, did you look outside? There's snow!" and you hear the exciting "SNOW!!!" like only a four year old could exclaim! I am normally just as giddy and would be staring at the peaceful fluffy cotton balls falling from the sky, but not this morning... I HAD to be downtown by 8:30am for traffic court. (Yes, I got a ticket for being on my cell phone cause I was running late for a meeting, but it got dismissed.) Normally I wouldn't be in a rush to go anywhere, not even work, if the snow was coming down. And with Christmas being just a few days away and lots of things coming up I didn't want to be burdened by snow. But once I reached downtown and found parking and got settled inside the court room and waited for my turn to appear before the judge... I looked outside and there was snow downtown!!!! It was magical... downtown is a magical place during the holidays. I actually think there's a beauty all year round down there...but I am a city girl! It's when you nature folk go hiking and see how awesome God is...I see that in the streets and sounds and even the smells of the city. Weird, I know...but we are all wired differently. But the christmas lights hung everywhere...the hustle and bustle the snow was the icing on the cake. It didn't last very long...but I think it helped everyone just stop and for a minute and feel a little sense of peace. The white snow adds light to places, makes it all pure and clean (until you walk through it or drive through it then it gets all nasty). I didn't want to walk out to my car this morning cause I would mess up the snow. And it would melt where my foot prints are. I feel like that with God sometime... He comes in and makes things pure as snow and then leave it to me to add my attempt at controlling something and trample all over the beauty that he's created....and make it all dirty and dark. He calls us to have a child like faith and come to him like the children do...kids are the first to be super excited about the snow...and run to it! No coat or anything... then we adults hinder their excitement and put a millon layers of clothing on and then they are these huge puff balls that can't move....so they cant enjoy the snow in it's entirety. I want to be more like my kids! I want that excitement, that faith, and the purity! I want to "let it snow" in my life! I want to "let it snow" in my family! I want to "let it snow" in my community!!!! May God's "snow"cover us and give us the peace and grace this season especially in all the darkness that's in our world right now! SNOW JESUS!

(picture found here)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I can't believe we missed the snow! At least we got a little snow here in the mountains yesterday! Keep up the blogging! Good work