Saturday, December 22, 2012

Day 22: candles

Tonight we had our candle light service at Missio. There's something about candles. At my parents house there's a section of the ceiling that's a little discolored. It's where I had a treasure chest and it had a million candle holders on the top. I've always loved watching the wick flicker. It makes my home nice and cozy. It usually has some yummy scent. It lights up a dark corner.

Tonight Joel talked about Jesus, the light of the world, came into darkness to make it light. Our world's darkness, our daily darkness.

We sang and celebrated Jesus's birth. It was good to be with our Missio Community and friends. The room sparkled with candles. It was cool when everyone got one and we were singing silent night. I'm just in awe of how much God loves us and wants to light up our worlds.



No comments: