Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Lent: Day One-Addysen's Clothes

We had play group this morning and a friend of mine was taking about lent and what she was doing this year. She called it decrapifying. Simplifying. Decluttering. 40 days, 40 bags of things. I made a list of the 40 areas I want to tackle. For me my physical space reflects my inner being. When I feel chaotic you can see it in my bedroom. Laundry everywhere, clean or dirty. I was having a hard time with thinking of something to give up for the lent season. I wanted it to be something other then food or coffee or media. I wanted to learn to be disciplined and learn to be a simpler person. So when my friend talked about this it resonated in my heart. It's always nice to do things with other people too. So, day one was Addysen's clothes. I started with a paper bag but ended up having to grab a bigger garbage bag. I think writing the list was a hard thing for me. I got to number 15 and got stuck. But prayed through the areas in which I need to simplify and got to 40. Hope that through this my heart will be more thankful for what I have and that I can think of others and give things away. That I will take to heart not worrying about my daily needs but see how much God loves and cares for me. May this season of Lent draw you closer to the one who created you. 

No comments: