Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Lent Day 5: Kid's Bookshelf

My parents were immigrants and we didn't have a lot of books in our house. Even if we did have books they wouldn't be able to read to me anyways. With that said I knew when I had kids books would be a big part of our lives. One of my favorite bosses was an avid reader. He always told me if any one of his kids asked for a book he would never said no. I think he keeps Amazon in business. He was constantly giving us books to read and actually instilled a new love for books in me.  Last week was a book fair at Kaden's school and we added a book a day. I couldn't say no. :) So, the bookshelf was getting a little cluttered and disorganized. I started with hanging up some pictures. We had a few buckets with randomness in them: seashells, game pieces, stickers...etc. Let's not talk about the dust that's under everything. After a good clean and organizing everything is easily accessible. Kaden got home from school and was excited about his clean bookshelf. I even got a "good job mom"! Lol. I love the conversations that happen around story time. We debrief the day and get to pray together. We use the characters in the book to talk about who we want to be like or who has a bad heart. I pray that I will continue to enjoy reading and instill that to my kids. I pray that I will have faith like a child who is still in awe of the world around them. That they have love and joy that's so contagious. May you experience the joy of a child throughout this season of lent.
 

No comments: