Thursday, March 6, 2014

Lent Day 2: Kaden's clothes

Day 2.... Again I pulled out a little grocery paper bag thinking I've been on top of Kaden's clothes and he doesn't have much excess. He doesn't have THAT much stuff. But boy was I wrong. Another garbage bag full. Granted, not as full as Addysen's bag... But full nonetheless. 

We used to serve at a place calle Northwest Children's Outreach. It was a place where social workers could request a bag of clothes for a child in need. We would get cards of a kid's name, age and size they wore. They would get a garbage bag of 2-4 shirts, pants, underwear, socks, two pairs of shoes, one coat, and maybe a hat. Some books, a toy and stuffed animal. Their bins would be lacking in certain areas and it would be hard to think these may be the only "new" clothes this kid is getting. Especially hard to think about when I see my kids growing leaps and bounds faster then I can blink. 

Starting my 40 bags in 40 days with cleaning out our clothes has been a reminder to be thankful for the abundance that we have. Thankful for the friends and family that clothe my kids... especially all the soccer gear that kaden has. :) To remember to cherish my kids today, because they grow so fast. To pray for those in need...that the one bag of clothes could mean the world to them. So far day 2 has been an eye opener. Hope you can find an area to simplify and be grateful for today. 

No comments: