Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Lent Day 8: Desk

Oh my desk! I semi work from home and feel like it collects crap on it all week long and then on Friday I just move the junk around to make room for me to work and then the cycle starts over again. Piles of Kaden's papers that come home from school, church and his drawings. He has a memory of an elephant and asks for random drawings and I need to know where they are at all times. Random mail gets on my desk and not to mention other people's mail gets collected there too. The worst is there's that laundry basket of random office stuff (envelopes, labels, you name it) under my desk. It was all in the office until our housemates came back from china and it was a mad dash to clean out the office for them to stay all summer. Yes, the stuff hasn't really moved out of the basket since last July. There was also thank you cards from the kids birthdays, new address we have moved cards and maybe even 2012 Christmas cards in there. If you didn't receive one of those cards there's an envelope with your name on it, personal note written and never addressed or mailed. And since I was decrapifying it went into the recycle. Sorry. We love you, appreciate the gifts you have given our kids, hoped you had a good holiday season and we have a new address. Lol. 
I'm sure tucked away in a closet downstairs we have our wedding Thank You cards. That was 10 years ago folks. Guess what I'm not so good at? Hahah!!!  It's refreshing to have a clean organized work space. There's a few things I still need to do to this space but its a good start. Hope you are able to find one space to simplify and organize today. 

No comments: