Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Push!!!


Imagine Salt and Peppa's song: Push it Push it good.. playing in the background.
Nurses running around with pom poms cheering, "Give me a K... Give me an A...."
While the doctor stand at the end of Lisa's feet with a catchers mitt.

Yes that is what it was like during the delivery!

Ok not quite. I finished typing the play by play(see previous blog) as the doctors rolled up
into position. 

The reality was that it would take another 35 minutes of pushing before we would see Kaden.
Lisa began the pushing around 12:55. This was an insane experience. Watching your beautiful wife give birth to a new life is unreal!

One thing I have come to realize about Lisa after this experience is she is "tough as nails."
Every 3 minutes she was pushing for the life of her and Kaden. At one point the Doctor said he may have to use a vacuum to help Kaden out. Lisa and I looked at each other and said, "Hellz No!!" 

I told Lisa, "Remember the movie The Nativity when Mary gave birth to Jesus? Do it like that!"

Lisa bite down on a stick and began pushing. The final push was a whirl wind as the boy came out and was plopped on Lisa's chest I almost fainted. I didn't cry like everyone expected me to. I was in shock! After 9 months our son was laying right in front of us smiling ear to ear...

Seriously Lisa did such a great job. She did everything the doctors told her to do and ignored my crazy comments... My jokes must have been the most painful part of the final push!




No comments: