Sunday, April 13, 2008

Got Milk??? Weird Asian Wives Tales

Got milk??? The question of the week... weird. 

I have realized that pregnancy and childbirth brings on no boundaries with people... strangers or friends or family. Asians especially... I don't know if I should write a book of things to do and not do during pregnancy and shortly thereafter. 

Some of my favorites:

To produce milk:
-Drink the water from boiling corn hair (corn husk)
-Drink milk
-Eat boiled pig feet

To heal faster:
-Not showering for a month
-Sleep over a bed of coals 
-Not leave the house for a month
-Don't eat Shrimp, bananas, and a bunch of other random stuff.

For the baby:
-Cut babies eyelashes so they grow longer
-Shave his head so it grows thicker
-Ace bandage it's belly button so he will have an innie. 

Anyways, we find it funny, yet it can get annoying when people freak out because I am not laying in my bed when they come and visit. I feel like I should have the plague or something.  We can't believe how fast Kaden is growing... Today is Joel's birthday... Kaden is the best present he could ask for! :-) 

No comments: