Thursday, June 28, 2012

Stay at home mom?

I never imagined myself as a stay at home mom. I always figured this day and age you HAVE to have dual income to do anything. But by faith Joel and I have decided that I quit my job at the Portland Art Museum. I have actually enjoyed the past 12 weeks of maternity leave. I can't believe how fast time flies by. The hours at the museum were crazy and not sustainable with two kids and Joel working. Some days I would not get home until 4am. The team was more than understandable when I turned in my two week notice.

I am thankful that when Kaden was a baby Joel was still finishing school so he was able to stay home with Kaden. We sent Kaden to daycare for a few weeks but it wasn't the right fit for us. Kaden was such a chill kid that Joel was able to take Kaden to meetings and he would just sit there and play or sleep.

So now with Addysen here it doesn't make sense to pay for child care for both kids. I would be just working to pay for child care. If we had grandparents around that could watch them would be one thing, but all our family down here have kids of their own to watch and take to sports events and stuff to add two more kids is silly. I am excited and scared all at the same time. Parenting is a huge responsibility.. And to have to be on my toes 24/7 is quite draining. I don't want to just plop them in front of a tv and call it good. (we don't have a tv to plop them in front of even if I wanted to... Lol). I will probably be working very minimally from home. But for now Joel is the primary bread winner. He is raising support to work at Missio and we now need to raise a bit more to cover our insurance for the family since that was a main reason why I was working. If you want to know more about how to support us financially especially so we can get our insurance covered you can email Joel.

For now I am trusting finances will pour in and am constantly reminded that God clothes the flowers in the fields and feed the birds so not to worry about our daily needs. I am looking forward to this next season of life and spending time shepherding these two little hearts toward their creator.

No comments: