Wednesday, December 16, 2009

WHY???

There's been a lot of craziness going on in our little world lately... some awesome craziness, and some sad craziness. I (Lisa) have been trying to process the abundance of emotions in our family lately. And thought...where better to process than on our blog! :)

With all the holiday goodness there is a lot of sadness... we got THE call yesterday evening that a couple that went to our life group lost their baby. Their baby boy was born early with many complications, he had to undergo many surgeries and then he was also diagnosed with Downs Syndrome. Through it all the emails updates from the family were heart-renching... yet the hope and faith of the couple through it all was amazing to me. The baby passed away yesterday after a month of life... and all I could think of was WHY?

Another friend of ours is pregnant with their second child...They are experiencing some complications in their pregnancy and still have a few months before the baby is due... it is all unknown... they have a faith in our maker... and I sit back and ask WHY?

Friends that have had miscarriages after miscarriages... the desire to just have a baby... to start a family... and I question God... WHY???

Several other of our friends are pregnant and are experiencing great pregnancies and healthy born babies... and my mind wanders and wonders WHY?

WHY??? Why do I get upset or frustrated at my child... when I should be thankful... thankful that he is alive, healthy, happy...is such a joy! God, why do people who don't want kids or who don't take care of their kids having kids.... yet these people who love God and love children can't have any babies???

Why is such a crazy question... do I need to really know why? I know deep within my soul that Jesus loves us so much that we won't ever understand why he does! I surely don't deserve it... I know he makes himself more evident in times of crisis and pain... and all we can do is cling to the Hope that Jesus brings! I will never understand death.... especially death of a child... a baby... it doesn't make me doubt God or his love... it helps me to see that life is truly short... that every day is a gift whether you are a day old, a month old or 100 years old... and it's a choice to celebrate life, or to complain about it. I am choosing to celebrate it!

No comments: